Tēnā tātou katoa

This is an important email to let our community know that unfortunately school will now not be open until the 7th of February. All Principals have just received an email from the Secretary of Education informing us of the government decision stating-

‘‘Earlier today the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) asked us to take action to help minimise traffic movement on Auckland roads while vital infrastructure is urgently repaired.

With the possibility of further weather damage leading to more disruption, the Secretary for Education has directed that schools, kura, early learning services and Tertiary institutions in the Auckland region (Wellsford to Pukekohe) must close for physical attendance and instruction until 7 February. ‘’

We realise this is probably not what you wanted to hear but the decision is out of our hands.

We now look forward to seeing all our wonderful students back in school on Tuesday the 7th.

The powhiri will go ahead on the 7th at 10.30am for all our new students and whānau.

The school office will remain open this week so please phone or pop in if you have any questions or need help with anything.

Hopefully we have seen the worst of the weather finished and the new alert for significant rainfall is nothing like we experienced on Friday.

Take care everyone and stay dry.